Wednesday, March 10, 2004

More compassion

Not that Attorney General John Ashcroft is any friend of mine. He's probably my least favorite person in the current administration. If I could send just one of them off the island, it would be him.


But I still expect better from the left, which supposedly has compassion even for killers. Here's what turns up on the DemocraticUnderground.com Web site, in ref. to the news of Ashcroft's medical condition:


  • "He has it coming. He is utterly sub-human and evil. Suffer, bastard."
  • "[T]he world would be better off without him."
  • "I hope he is in the most severe pain a human being can suffer, and after that, I hope he remains in constant pain with no hope of relief."

In the same place, just a day before, tears were shed over the death of cold-blooded killer Abul Abbas in U.S. custody.