Polls We'd Like to See
This letter-writer to the Daily Dish has a suggested alternative poll for Iraqis. Here's an abbreviated version:
1. If you could leave tomorrow, would you like to move to the U.S.A.?
2. If you could choose another country to temporarily occupy Iraq to rid your country of a barbaric regime, would you have picked a country other than the U.S.A.?
3. If yes to no. 2, what other country would that be?
4. How confident are you that the U.S.A. will end its military occupation of your country when asked to do so by your government?
5. Do you believe it is (a) a bad idea, (b) a good idea or (c) a great idea for Iraq to have a treaty with the U.S.A. guaranteeing that country's full military support in the event you are ever attacked by one of your neighbors after the U.S.A. ends its military occupation?
6. Do you want Saddam Hussein restored to power?
7. Do you wish Uday or Qusay were still alive and could stand for election in your country next January?
8. Do you believe the American people have (a) positive opinions or (b) negative opinions about the Iraqi people?
9. Is the opinion of the American people about the Iraqi people important to you?
10. Do you believe the American people are right to sacrifice its sons and daughters to to rid your country of Saddam Hussein and try and help you become a functional society?
11. If the situation were reversed, and the U.S.A. were governed by Saddam Hussein, would you have been willing to sacrifice even one of your countrymen to help the U.S.A. get rid of him?